Sunday 22 August 2010

The End of Innocence

My daughter is learning from her older brothers --- namely the 6 year-old who picked up some obnoxious little boy habits in Kindergarten this past year. Not only is poop humour hilarious these days, everyone is stupid too. An example of this, my daughter has a doll whom she affectionately calls "stupid-baby". I have only my oldest to blame for that. And you know he taught her to say that, because of the way he cracks up whenever she does.

So... here's her latest vocabulary acquisition...

Kirstin - "You're a dummy!"
Me (appalled) - "I'm not a dummy!"
Kirstin (laughing) - "Yes, you're a dummy!"
Me - "Do you even know what a dummy is?"
Kirstin - "Yes."
Me - "Oh yeah, then what's a dummy?"
Kirstin - "Mama!"

Yeah, I walked right into that one...

My innocent little toddler

No comments: