Saturday 7 May 2011

Playtime

This is the kind of thing that makes kids worth having! Someday I'm going to write a book about them and it'll be the kind of book you just can't make up. I'll call it "Life in the Trenches: An Expose on Working Motherhood" or something along those lines.

It's Saturday morning. We've blown off swimming lessons because two thirds of my troupe is still harbouring an icky eye infection. So, making the best of our quarantine, I'm spending the day doing laundry and post-work week clean up. Instead of doing what I should be doing... playing with my kids!

Or maybe not...

The kids are outside in the carport playing store. I'm inside sweeping the floor. I get distracted by the recycling and I gather it up and take it out to the carport. There, I get distracted by the sleds, shovels and Christmas decor lying around, so I start spring-cleaning up the carport (my house never gets completely clean because I always get distracted and never finish the tasks I start).

Connor says, "Mama, come play store with me!"

I brush him off politely, and keep working.

He insists, "Mama, COME play store with me!" I tell him I'll play later and I keep tidying. He insists louder, so I finally get my priorities in check and agree to come to his store. I leave the carport tidying for... who knows when I'll get back to it. I wander over to his store, which apparently is called "The Everything Store".

I say, "I'd like to buy some candy, please!"

He says, with a very serious expression...

"I'm sorry, we're closed!"



My Little Entrepeneur

1 comment:

Anita said...

Absolutely love it! Miss the little munchkins... but have been enjoying the August long 2009 pictures of them while scrapbooking the Memorial pages. Just finished a page on Kirstin's bath in the sink.