Friday 13 January 2012

I stand corrected...

Wow... well my rant yesterday may have been premature. As were countless other rants that graced cyberspace.

Apparently, after the news leaked about the couple seeking divorce who learned that their Canadian marriage was not legally recognized, due to their being residents of locales that don't recognized marriage rights for all... (I'm adding three dots here to distract you from the fact that I'm about to write a really long run-on sentence)... the government (or more correctly, whoever is the media spokesperson for the government) came out as publicly stating that the marriage laws have to be re-written so that this kind of thing doesn't happen again. Or something along those lines.

Basically... Yes, so your country (or state) doesn't recognize a Canadian marriage as legal because it's not legal where you live... but here in Canada it is STILL going to be considered legal. Yay! That is a good stance for our right-wing leadership party to be taking. And really, the only stance to take.

Let's all exhale a litttle bit, shall we! :)

It'll be interesting to see how this continues to unfold!

Thank you Eric (my little bro!) for the link that you shared via "comments" on my yesterday post. It was a very interesting read.

P.S. I'm still never voting Conservative!

No comments: