Tuesday 16 October 2012

whiny update...

After my 'feeling sorry for myself' blog post last week, I thought I should update my 7 or 8 readers that actually check this page.

At my appointment this morning baby was head down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  That was confirmed by both my midwife and a hastily booked ultrasound.  Took him/her awhile to figure things out, but s/he did not disappoint, and turned right in the nick of time.

No ECV (external cephalic version) for me.

No middle of the night ambulance ride if my waters break while baby is transverse and at risk of cord prolapse.

No elective or emergency c-section (hopefully).

We are officially able to breathe easy now, and just wait and see when Mother Nature wants this baby to come.

Bring it on, baby, I'm ready and I am sooo happy that I get to meet you the most natural way possible!

(Hmmm... wonder if I should let my employer know that I am going to be around for my last 8 shifts after all, if they want me to come back in...  nah...)

3 comments:

__ Eric Martin said...

This news has made my week. :)

rawillson said...

Whew!!! I glad for your happy news!!

Anita said...

Great news Laura!! What a good, cooperative child you have! Everyone is looking forward to meeting him/her.

Go back to work!? I don't think so!