Thursday 1 February 2007

One month old today!

I can't believe how fast the time goes. My baby is one month old and my other baby is 2.5 years old!!! So, just a few more baby photos before I leave January completely behind. I'm bravely posting my last belly photo. It was taken on New Year's Eve, about 12 hours before Connor was born. At the time I didn't intend for this to be my 40 week photo (it's actually 39 weeks, 7 days) but since we forgot to take our cameras to the hospital, it'll have to do. (Yes, believe it or not I forgot my camera, so the first two hours of Connor's life are captured on 6 polaroids that the nurse nicely took for us!)




And now, for your entertainment... here are the polaroids. I hope Connor forgives me for the lousy photos.... and the fact that I forgot our video camera too --- but since we didn't have it when Alex was born, I guess it's fair that we didn't have it with us for his birth either.



So, here's Connor's first photo immediately after he was born at 6:20am. I swear, I was smiling in the photo... not sure why I look like that. Oh yeah... now I remember, because I'd just given birth to my linebacker! :)Here he is cleaned up a little bit, just before getting weighed and checked out. Isn't he a cutie?Looking a little bit more human here... I think this was about 15 minutes old.Wow, does Cory look like he was up all night to you too??? That's some 5 o'clock shadow, huh?

Finally, we've both had some sleep and are feeling a little more normal.... and I have my cameras again! Yay!

And one last photo of brotherly love. Connor is wearing the outfit that Alex wore in his one-month professional portrait. I'm not going to put Connor in it for his portraits this weekend --- I bought him an outfit of his own --- but I thought I'd get a photo of him in it for comparison sake. Alex, however, had other plans and wouldn't stay out of the photo so my photo shoot turned into another brother session. Here they are looking very intently at our ceiling!On a completely different topic, this has been the view from my kitchen every night this week.

Happy groundhog day... let's hope he sees his shadow... or doesn't see it, which is better? I can never remember!



No comments: