Tuesday 29 January 2008

Baby or Toddler...

Is Connor officially a toddler, now that he "toddles" or can I still get away with calling him my "baby"?

Well, he's still cuddly, still can be rocked to sleep, still babbles in nonsense syllables that we're only starting to comprehend, still wears diapers, still finds crawling a pretty quick way to get around, still puts everything in his mouth, and is only 13 months old (almost)?

On the other hand... he's walking, he can say a few words that actually make sense in context, feeds himself finger foods (can't stand that mushy crap) and has gone from two naps a day to one.

Baby - or Toddler? That, I guess is the question. Technically, he's my baby until May and then he'll be my middle child... but what's the magic age where he moves from one stage of life into the next? With Alex, it's easier... he's a preschooler, by virtue of being in preschool, I suppose. With Connor, I can't decide. I guess I'm just reluctant to start calling him a toddler, because babyhood is so fleeting... I want to savor every last second of it... but he's quickly turning in to one.

Here's our little "walker"... a wee bit tipsy, but totally sober, I assure you! ;)


2 comments:

SMiLeD said...

That kid definitely needs a sobriety test!!

I can't believe how fast he is growing up, how adorable!!

And he'll always be your baby

Unknown said...

Hi! Hmmm. I think you can still call him your baby until May. Though, he is pretty good at that whole walking thing. Maybe the name "toddler" is just a technicality. Very cute though, in any case!
Nicole.