Saturday 16 January 2010

Crayola musings...

There is so much scribbling on the walls and the carpet and furniture in our house that I am
-this close- to banning all felt pens. And yes, I know, I'm the one that keeps supplying the kids with them, so I've only myself to blame. But here's why I don't...

A bit of a throwback to my own childhood, I suppose. I LOVED to draw and, if I can say so without sounding arrogant, I was really good at it. So I keep the art supplies around, and nag at Alex to put them away as soon as he's done. And so far, it's been a dismal failure (and no, Magic Eraser does NOT remove everything!). But if I chuck all the felt pens and crayons and other art supplies that my daughter seems so adept at finding, then my children will miss out on a really special activity.

Here's how Alex has spent his Saturday morning. I'm tickled! He's in Kindergarten, and maybe I'm biased, but I think this is amazing and perhaps some budding talent?

(The scribbles under and above him are Kirstin's contribution... boy was Alex mad, until Cory said that we could pretend it was burger condiments that he'd spilled)







How many of them can you recognize?
(If you need a hint, check out my October posts...)

3 comments:

__ Eric Martin said...

Yep, he's brilliant. I knew it.

Laura said...

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not... LOL... but I'll take that as you agree with my assessment! :)

Anonymous said...

He did a great job with the art and I loved how the scribbles became condiments. Brillant!