Wednesday 3 February 2010

Kindergarten Observations...

Kirstin is sick. She's not the only one, but from the way she is acting, you'd think she is. She pretty much screamed blue murder from the time I got home on Friday to the time I went back to work Monday morning. Saturday and Sunday I sat on the couch and held her for a major part of the day. If I put her down to attempt to do something (oh, say, pay attention to my two other sick kids), she threw a tantrum until I picked her up again. And one of my kids' quirks is their ability to cry until they vomit. She also woke up all night. Needless to say, neither of us got a lot of sleep on the weekend. And it had to be me holding her. It always has to be me. I'm the preferred comforter. Cory's the fun parent, I guess. I think it has something to do with the fact that I'm away all day while they're awake, whereas Cory slips out while they're asleep, so they don't really realize that he has a full-time job that keeps him away from them too.

But I digress.

Anyway, to my "Kindergarten Observation". Apparently, after I went to work Monday, my "darling" immediately cheered up. I guess she figured she didn't need to waste her breath if I wasn't going to be there to hear it. Might as well save her energy for another round at 5:00.

Apparently Alex said this to his father:

"I'm so glad I get to grow up to be a Daddy instead of a Mommy, because when you're a Mommy your kids are mean to you all the time" (or something like that, obviously I'm paraphrasing).

LOL --- you better believe it kid! It's WAY harder being the Mommy.

Now, how do I grow up to be the Daddy, too?

(She's doing better now, thanks for asking!) :)

No comments: