Sunday 24 October 2010

School Portraits

Alex brought home his Grade 1 school photo and I hung it on the wall in place of last year's. Then I realized that the other two children's photos are horribly out of date! Kirstin's is of her 1st birthday, and Connor's is of him at 22 months old.

I guess that I haven't done the whole professional portrait thing in eons, because after we had Connor, I realized just how crazy expensive it was. With Alex I did it every three months until he was 2. With Connor I did them until he was one. That's the last one I did of him. What's hanging there now is an awesome playground shot, but not a formal portrait. Kirstin, well, poor Kirstin got photos at 1 month old and then photos at 1 year old. So... time for an update all around.

I did a photo shoot for Kirstin and Connor tonight so I can hang up new ones. Kirstin's wearing her Halloween costume, which she's so pumped about. It's charming, and "oh-so girly". The photo is AWESOME although I have to admit I took about 30 before I got one that wasn't squinty or with a weird expression. This is pretty much the only good one I got. Connor's... well, Connor's might need work still... These are, believe it or not, the best two of Connor. Certainly not the kind you want to immortalize in a yearbook... but since he's three, I figure, whatever! He'll stop "posing" by the time he's ready for his graduation photos.

So, anyway, here's what our kids look like at this point in their lives, ages 6, 3.75, and 2.5...

Alex in Grade 1.

Connor - who thinks "say cheese" means, "give me your cheesiest expression!"

And Princess Kirstin!

No comments: