Friday 22 April 2011

It's a mystery!

My job, that is. To my children. Not to me, I think I've got it pretty much figured out, but apparently they don't have a clue.

Tonight we were playing role reversal. All I wanted to do was just lay on the couch and veg. So Kirstin happily obliged. She decided she'd be the Mommy and I could be the child. She found a blanket and tucked me in. Then she sang me a song, kissed me good-night, and turned off the lights. Just like I do for her every night.

Awww...

Then she said, "I'm going to work now!"

Just like I do?

"Oh," I said, "where do you work?"

She looked puzzled for a minute. Then she replied, brightly, "Africa!"

"Oh! And what do you do in Africa?"

"I feed the animals!" She then proceeded to tell me that the lions eat alligators and pasketti; bears eat snakes; and zebras eat apples.

That sounds like a brilliant job, way more exciting than what I really do for a living!

:)

No comments: