Sunday 3 April 2011

My Quick Learner...

First off, I need to say, "If you can't trust the weather network, then who can you trust?" Seriously. Yesterday was a beautiful, sunny, spring day. But, the weather network said that it was only +3 with a potential high, later on, of ... +3. So I dressed the kids accordingly. Boots and jackets. After being outside for a short time it became apparent that the weather network was slightly off in its calculation. So we drove past the sign that flashes the temperature every 30 seconds. PLUS 15!!! I am happy to say that the snow is on its way out! But I digress. Yesterday we decided to teach Connor how to ride a bike. We loaded the kids into the car and went in search of an abandoned parking lot to practice in. We found one at the High School, it being the last weekend of Spring Break. Connor was a quick learner! He picked up the skill almost immediately. Lots of frustration, though, because he kept pedalling backwards and hitting the brakes. But, once we adjusted the tire pressure and tried again at home, he had the hang of it! Here's some photos for your viewing pleasure. I didn't get as many as I'd like because with two children needing pushes (now only 1), my hands weren't very free.


And, after about half an hour of practicing, here's the end result! Way to go, Connor!!!

No comments: