Monday 7 November 2011

10,000 words!

Well, I have to say, this Nanowrimo is going really well. I am thoroughly enjoying the story that is typing itself (I'm helping a little, but this year it's just coming out naturally). My characters and plot have already started developing in ways I hadn't originally anticipated. It's a lot of fun.


The kids have been sick so I only managed a mere 800 words on Saturday and a mere 252 words yesterday. 1667 is the daily goal to hit 50K in 30 days. I've used up my excess words from last week and am not a bit behind the ball, but I plan to have a really good writing session and catch up tonight. I've also already sneaked in two writing sessions to the tune of about 1100 words this morning, so I am caught up to yesterday's 10K goal.


I do hope I can keep up the level of motivation to actually finish a story this time. Instead of pushing it aside December 1st, in favour of the Christmas season... and then resolving to get back to it in January... and then finding myself working on a completely different story come November. As history has shown that I'm apt to do.


So, for my Aunt... here's a teaser... This is the paragraph that contains my 10,000th word, "at". I know, I know... boring word, right? But it's actually the 50K word that truly counts. Please remember, the goal of Nano is quantity, not quality... so I corrected the one obvious typo and left the rest of the prose as is. Be kind... it's a bit "gagworthy and fluffy," I know.


"And so it continued for Nellie for a year. She no longer cried herself to sleep at night pining for a love that was as unhealthy as it was satisfying. She grew strong in her maternal desire to provide for her family and she vacillated between breadwinner and homemaker, spending long hours AT night carrying out the domestic tasks she used to have the luxury of completing in the morning. She never failed. Ever. Until Benny got sick and her world started crumbling all over again."

1 comment:

Anita said...

Well you have me hooked... can't wait to read the whole story!!