Tuesday 1 November 2011

It is November 1st today...

... which means NANOWRIMO has officially begun! I am so excited! It's ridiculous. I'm completely capable of writing fiction any other time of the year. But I don't. I store it up and expel it in November. And I LOVE doing it.

This is my third year and hopefully my third win. Check out http://www.nanowrimo.org/ for rules --- and maybe to sign up, too!

Crazy, huh?

And I'm getting braver. I'm outing myself before I start the challenge, instead of after. I guess I'm pretty confident that it's an entirely achievable challenge.

I haven't typed a word yet. But I did spend my morning coffee break scribbling ideas into a notebook. Got three pages of fluff. I'm very pleased with it. I can't wait to see where it develops.
So... tonight after the kids are in bed, I am going to be typing my heart out and hopefully hammering out chapter one of a 50,000 word novel (which is about 200 pages from start to finish).

I have Nano 2009 and Nano 2010 unfinished on my desk (and on my hard drive). Maybe Nano 2011 is the draft I will finish and allow people to actually review for me.

Welcome my two Nano buddies, my cousin Rebecca (joined and won Nano 2010) and my old high school friend, Courtney ( whose a Newbie Nano'er this year, but if you check out my blogroll, you'll see that she's written some cool stuff under the pen name April Raines)

So here's to a month long burst of fertile creativity... see you on the other side of November!!!

2 comments:

Anita said...

Oh no! That means no more scrapbooking for a month, doesn't it? Can you give us a hint about the storyline you chose?

Anita

Laura said...

Nah... I've got a scrapbook date on Saturday, actually. And Connor's been asking me to scrapbook with him, so he's going to join us. I'll not forsake it any more than I already do!

My plot is a secret. I pretty much gave Cory a play by play last year and he didn't enjoy the book as much as he did the year before when he had no clue... so I'm keeping it hush hush again until December 1st.

Sorry! :) It's a mystery, though, if that helps! :)