Wednesday 9 May 2018

Thoughts and Prayers

Just a thought that I didn't have the guts to say on Facebook (because you all know I'll get attacked for it)...   This group I follow and occasionally comment on is full of very devout Christians who are dealing with cancer.  They continuously post "Praise God, no evidence of disease," or "Praying for your recovery," or "thank God, I'm in remission," or the more dangerous,  "I'm leaving my treatment in God's hands" (ummm... maybe he WANTS you to do chemo, did you ever think of that... he's up in Heaven rolling his eyes while you are taking the natural approach and praying for a miracle?) etc.

So anyway, good for those of unwavering faith.  It's awesome!  Please feel free to pray for your recovery and give all your thanks and credit to whomever you worship if it makes you feel better.  But what I keep thinking, every time they thank God for their recovery, is...

Umm... who do you think gave you cancer in the first place?  If it's his design that you recover, it kind was his design that you suffered, too. Right? Maybe I'm jaded, but it seems a little one sided to credit God for their recovery, and not credit him for the disease in the first place.  You can't have it both ways.  Or can you.  I'm over-thinking this way too much!

I will wisely keep my smart-ass mouth shut on this one.  At least on Facebook where opinions can easily be miscontrued. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you here. Confusing to me how God can be thanked on one hand but not blamed on the other. In situations like this I find it best to keep my mouth shut. Keeping my mouth shut is a new skill I have learned. It's hard, but often worth it!

Jody