Monday 23 July 2007

July...

Well, it's been brought to my attention that I haven't updated this page in a while. What can I say, July has and always will be a busy month for us. Today is Cory's birthday. Saturday is Alex's birthday. We also celebrated our 9th anniversary a couple of weeks ago by taking a very rare opportunity to leave the boys with their Grandparents and going to a matinee of the new Harry Potter movie. Don't watch it unless you read the book first! It leaves way too much to the imagination. I really enjoyed the movie and would love to sneak out and see it one more time in theatre, but that would mean leaving Cory to deal with bedtimes by himself. Umm... don't think that would go overly well! :)

On Saturday morning, bless him, Cory went straight from work to wait in line at Extra Foods to pick up a copy of the newest, and last, Harry Potter book because I'd been given the information that they were only getting 36 copies and we'd better get there early because when book 6 came out people were lined up outside. Cory was home 10 minutes after the store opened, with the first copy sold... so I guess there aren't as many die-hards in this town of 5000 as I thought. LOL

So... I've been shorting myself on sleep for the last two days and half indulged in staying up way past putting the boys to bed to read. Last night I went to bed 1 minute after Cory turned 31 so I was able to wish him a happy birthday before retiring. And no, that wasn't at 12:01, it was after the time of day he was actually born... so I'll let you guess as to how late that was. I kept waiting for a chapter to end on a non-cliffhanger note... or my eyes to get sore from pushing myself... neither of which happened.

Cory read the first chapter and then put it down and said I could read it first... which is sweet, but frustrating cause I have no one to discuss the shocking bits with. Might have to phone my brother Nathan, although he's likely already finished it (not having babies to attend to all weekend gives him a bit more leisure time than me) and Cory said he might let something slip that I haven't read yet. Anyway... here's my review... it's amazing... every chapter is so compelling!!! If you haven't read the series, what are you waiting for? Don't fool yourself into thinking that the movies are good enough... they're not! Sure they're great, but they're eye candy and very low on plot!

So... there you go! I've updated my blog... and now I'm heading off to get in a chapter before breakfast! :)

No comments: