Tuesday 12 December 2006

Christmas is coming!!!


So, after having the tree up for over a week now, with lights, garland, and an angel only... we finally finished decorating it yesterday!

We decided to go "low-key" on the house decorations and only focussed on the tree. Everything else is staying boxed up until next Christmas. Our reasoning... with a newborn coming soon, the less we have to put away after New Year's, the better!

The photos don't do the tree justice. It really looks great at night with the lights out and the tree plugged in. The first photo is one I tried on the "night portrait" setting of my camera, but not having a tripod, I can't hold the camera still enough for a non-blurry photo. The second one is with the lights off but the flash on, so that one's not so good either.

Alex was a really big help. He handed me the boxes of ornaments one at a time and then after I put the ornament on the tree, he put the empty boxes back in our big box. So far, things are going well. Last year the tree had to go behind the couch so Alex couldn't get to it (he pulled it over on himself on day 1). This year it's more out in the open and he seems to understand that the ornaments are just to look at, not to touch. Now, if anyone has any advice for getting that message through to my cats, I'd love to hear it!!! Next year, with a 1 year old, I imagine we'll be putting the tree behind the couch again, so I'm determined to enjoy it this year.

No comments: