Friday 1 December 2006

Maternity Leave...


Wow, it's official. As of Monday at 8:30am, I am on maternity leave... so I guess this makes an extended long weekend for me! I return to work on December 3, 2007. Today was the crazy day at work, so the project I really wanted to wrap up sat pretty much untouched on my desk all day. So... I've brought it home. It's a small price to pay for getting to spend these last few weeks of my pregnancy at home with my family. I figure a couple of hours of uninterupted me time, and I can get the report done and dropped off at the office again next week.
Goals for next week... clean the house (let's hope the nesting instinct kicks in soon) and then set up the tree! Yay! Today Alex opened the first square of his advent calendar. We found one that had absolutely nothing to do with Christmas, just a giant picture of Spiderman, but it has 32 days on it as it goes until January 1st... so it's the countdown to the new baby... once he eats the last chocolate out of it, he'll either be a big brother or Mama will be going stir crazy! :)

So, here I am at 35.5 weeks pregnant. The lighting's a little off, but the stomach still shows!

1 comment:

The Cheeks said...

Ya for your mat leave! Just in time for Christmas! Take care of yourself. ENJOY!