Thursday 5 March 2009

Get 'em while they're young...

So, you know how they say that the passion dies after you have children? Hehe... well, I used to be really passionate about scrapbooking. I've been working really hard the last couple of weeks to try and rekindle my love affair with paper, stickers, cutters, and of course, my beloved photos. The problem is, of course, that if the kids are awake, then it's pretty much impossible, not to mention inappropriate, to indulge myself, and when the kids are asleep, I'm either too darn tired, or I have a "headache"...

I've had a couple of really productive nights, which has spurred me on a bit, and got the creative juices flowing again (see my other blog http://bcandabcroppers.blogspot.com/ ) if you're interested. So when Alex asked me today if he could scrapbook again, I thought, "What the heck". I figure if I get them started young, they'll develop a lifelong love of the hobby and I'll have a steady source of crop buddies. :) Alex showing off his page... and Connor showing off his album! He's pretty proud of it. It has an imprint of Mickey Mouse on the cover, but you can't really tell in the photo.

There we go, there's his layout! (and yes, that is Connor hanging out in his diaper... guess what he's just learned to do, and has perfected? Stripping! It's pretty challenging these days to keep clothes on him. Yesterday I found him sitting naked in the bathtub waiting for me to come and fill it with water. Wish he'd given me a heads up, I'm not sure how long he was sitting there! :)

And, can't forget Kirstin, of course. She watching the proceedings from my arms, and just waiting to get her hands on the camera. Someday soon, she'll be scrapbooking along with us.

No comments: