Wednesday 2 September 2009

Day 28

Can't remember my Wii Age... I "think" it was 33, but that may have been last night. My workouts are starting to blend together. I didn't come upstairs to update this blog immediately (got waylaid by Facebook) and the results have gone from my brain.

Also, I don't really know, or care, what my weight was. I think it was down, but since I reset my goal yesterday, I'm not completely sure by how much. Apparently the Wii didn't think I was on track to lose 22 pounds in in the 60 days I had left, so it encouraged me to re-do my goal. Fine then... I reset it to lose more weight in another 3 months. Basically I kept hitting the button until my BMI dropped out of the "obese" range and into "overweight" and used that for a goal. So, there you go! In 3 months I would like to be overweight. How's that for self-defeating? Hehe, achieved my goal already! ;)

Stupid BMI calculator! They should change the headings. Right now they're "Healthy", "At risk of being overweight", "overweight", and "obese". How is that good for one's self-esteem? If I designed the program, I'd name them something like this: "You should really eat more, here have another doughnut", "There you go, now you're rounding out all the sharp corners", "My aren't you cuddly", and "Downright fluffy"... that would work for me!

Tonight actually was great! I worked up a sweat. Not too sure whether it was because I was working really hard, or because it was so warm in the house, but I felt good for doing the workout.

I did the first 9 yoga poses. I also did the recommended strength training exercises. Everytime you do a yoga pose, it pairs it with a recommended exercise from strength training that works the same muscle groups. I did them in the order they were recommended, so basically kept switching back and forth between the yoga and strength training. This made the strength training feel so much harder than it usually does. Probably because I didn't give my muscles a chance for a break between similar exercises.

Anyway, I enjoyed doing this and it kept it interesting. I was originally intending to complete all 15 yoga and all 12 strength training, but I couldn't do it. Maybe tomorrow I'll tackle the workouts I missed.

I finished up by doing the Advanced Step, but I was terrible at it. My legs felt all wobbly because of the exercises I'd been doing with them. I was slow and very unenergetic, but I finished it.

Tonight felt like the most effective strength training workout so far. As I reward, I played the soccer ball game and then tried out that weird marble one. I did pretty good on both of them, for me.

All in all a good night! :)

No comments: