Tuesday 1 September 2009

Day 26 and Day 27

I didn't post an update yesterday, so today I'm doing a 2 for 1!

Let's see... up in weight both days, lousy Wii ages both days... in the 40's, and absolutely no desire to do anything about it.

Seeing my BMI go up everyday is frustrating and unmotivating. If it wasn't for the cute little stamps on the calendar and the guilt trip the Wii dishes out, I don't think I would do the body test every day. Once a week seems perfectly adequate.

Yesterday I set the Free Step to 30 minutes and changed the channel. I watched a movie I'd PVR'ed. "If These Walls Could Talk". The movie was really well done, but very disturbing. I quite enjoyed the chick flick, and couldn't get it out of my head for the rest of the night. If you have to workout when you really don't want to, this is a great option. The time went really fast. The Wii continues to count your steps and records your time, and you get to focus on something else instead.

Works great!

So much so that tonight I did the exact same thing... set the Wii to Free Step for 30 minutes and switched over to "If These Walls Could Talk 2", which I'd also taped. Less disturbing, but sooo sad.

So now I've run out of PVR'ed movies that I feel like watching by myself. Maybe that means that tomorrow I will do a more meaningful workout! :)

1 comment:

__ Eric Martin said...

Stay with it, Laura! BMI means nothing. Muscle weighs more than fat so if you are gaining any muscle mass it is probably throwing the BMI off. If you're enjoying it, then the numbers mean nothing...