Sunday 13 September 2009

First Day of Kindergarten

So, technically Alex has started Kindergarten already, although his first day was only an hour long... and was parent participatory. Still... Thursday was a pretty big day for our family.
Alex got to choose breakfast because it was his special day. He chose cinnamon toast... a boy after my own heart! :)
Leaving the house (squinting in the sun - not crying as Uncle Eric seems to think). We didn't have any tears that day, it was very positive.
My handsome young man in his "school bus". Hey, I'm sending him off to school, I'm not really to see him climb on the bus, too. We'll be driving him (well, Cory will) for the foreseeable future.


Walking to the school.

Posing for yet another photo. He was a good sport that day.
New backpack stuffed full of school supplies and indoor shoes.Looking for his classroom (he didn't know I took this photo)Doing "the biggest puzzle ever!" while we're waiting for the teacher to finish givng the school tour to the first group of kids. Heading home. Another photo he doesn't know I snapped!
So, day 1 went well. I'm more worried about day 2, this coming Tuesday, as it's a full day. My little homebody is going to find it very long. We are supposed to drop him off at 8:50 and pick him up at 2:53. I wish that Kindergarten here was half days, the way it is in my home town, or even a gradual transition to full days. But it's not... it's Tuesday, Thursday, and every other Friday. Apparently that makes it easier for the school bus schedule. Cause we have to make things easier for the bus drivers, not the children, right?
Anyway, big changes ahead! Wish us luck!

No comments: