Monday 31 August 2009

Day 25

Sunday was probably my least organized workout, thus far. Initially, I attempted to do it early in the day... but my audience was far too interested in what I was doing to allow me to easily do this. Turns out that Kirstin has been paying attention and wanted to play too. Whenever we tried to get her off the balance board, she would start shrieking in anger. Baby rage... it's a powerful tool! ;)



Alex and Kirstin trying out the tightrope walking balance game.


Kirstin - her dismal future as a professional ski jumper!

Needless to say, I didn't bother. She wouldn't give up the balance board and I didn't have the desire to fight her over it. I did my workout after dinner. Alex had decided that we needed to have a family movie night, so we all headed downstairs armed with a giant bowl of popcorn (we have had our microwave for 2 years now and I had no idea it had a popcorn setting - Cory didn't burn a kernal!).

I did a quick body test --- nothing impressive, 49 Wii years old, but that was with Kirstin standing on the Balance Board with me, and up 1.5 pounds. This is 30 minutes after eating BBQ burgers and homemade wedges, though, so I'm okay with that.

Then I set the Wii to "free run" for 30 minutes. I turned on my treadmill while Cory changed the channel. Everyone settled in to watch Zathura and eat popcorn, while I jogged. 8 minutes into my run, Kirstin climbed on to the treadmill and slid in to my legs, letting out a volley of shrieks of indignation. 2 minutes later, she did it again...

So... I gave up on the jogging and switched to "30 minutes of free step", which I think is not as great of a workout, but doesn't require the use of a high powered treadmill, just the balance board. I haven't unlocked a very high speed on it yet, so it's pretty slow and mundane. But no one got hurt. I had to step around Kirstin several times and get creative with my footwork, but doing it while watching a movie made the time go fast and was actually pretty fun.

The movie was good too!

No comments: