Monday 10 August 2009

Wii Fit - Day 5

Wii fit age... 38

Wii weight... up .4 pounds

Tonight I broke down and did the strength training exercises. Ugh... I know why I am avoiding them! First off, it took over an hour to accumlate 30 minutes so that I could guiltlessly quit. Second... OUCH! Enough said.

I warmed up with yoga, which I really kind of am enjoying. I did "12 minutes" --- more like 25 --- of yoga, so 6 poses. Then I did another 13 minutes of strength training. Some more miserable then others. Then, because I couldn't fathom doing 5 more minutes of strength exercises, I racked up the last 5 by doing the Advanced step (which I set a personal high in, I might add). Time to haul out the old DDR dance pad, maybe?

What I learned tonight?

1. I cannot do a push-up to save my life. However, the machine can't tell if you cheat and do girly push-ups, so I didn't score too badly on this one.

2. Lunges hurt!

3. The jacknife is next to impossible to do correctly, however if you do it horribly, like I did but still manage to lift your fit a teeny bit off the balance board... you score the rank of "bodybuilder". Umm... yeah, right...

4. My trainer, I call him Andrew because he looks like an Andrew, apparently needed to take a pee break or something, because I had a substitute trainer for the first yoga pose and then he came right back. Weird... you'd think he'd pee during the other 23.5 hours of the day that I don't require his services!

So, yippee, tomorrow I get to slink back into my comfort zone and do the aerobics, again. Give my muscles a chance to recover, right? Let's see, another 4 days of aerobics and it should be safe to do the strength exercises again, right Maybe I should make it 10, just to be sure...

No comments: