Friday 28 August 2009

Day 22

Wow, I'm kind of amazed that I've stuck it out this long. I figured I'd work out for a few days and then start skipping a day, here and there. Today was one of those days that I would have skipped, if I hadn't felt compelled to publicly post my results.

So... this being my three week weigh in... the moment of truth... after 21 days of exercising steadily, for at least 30 minutes a day --- EVERY day... I am 22.7 lbs away from my goal. If you recall, my goal was to lose 22 pounds. You do the math!

So... completely uninspired, I set the "free run" to 30 minutes and switched the tv over to a re-run of "That 70's Show". At about the 11 minute mark, I shut off the treadmill and set the free step to 10 minutes instead, then watched a bit more of that 70's show. I probably could have finished the 30 minutes on the treadmill (you don't get any fit credits if you quit partway through, turns out) but I was having a hard time keeping myself enthusiastic. The free step was agonizingly boring, and I didn't even bother finishing watching the episode. Pretty sure I saw it back in the day when it was on the air. So after that, I did the Advanced Step and then the Advanced Hula Hoop to bump my time up to 30 minutes (although it only registered 20 since my jogging didn't count).

Anyway, I was not inspired and not motivated. Come day 31, I'm going to have a hard time convincing myself to continue to give up an hour + of my time, every night if I don't see the numbers going down.

No comments: