Monday 24 August 2009

The Fall Fair...

To break up the monotony of post after Wii Fit post... here are some photos from our Saturday at the Fall Fair:
MINI GOLF:
This home-made mini-golf course took us approximately 10 minutes to play through. Turns out... my kids cheat! :) It's much faster, and apparently more satisfying, to use your hands to place the ball in the hole so you can get on to the next hole sooner.

LEGO:One exhibit was an amazing table of lego sculptures. You have to admire his skill and dedication. When we used to play with lego, back in the day, I never managed to ever make anything recognizable.

BUBBLES:


The kids loved chasing bubbles that a clown was blowing. We stopped and watched him for quite a while.

ANIMALS:

In our sleepy little farming town, livestock is a much bigger attraction for my kids than it ever was for me. Connor was fascinated by the chickens. Alex was loved the cows. Kirstin was drawn to the "woof woofs", my personal favourite, as well.

COOPER (THE CO-OP BEAR): No, I don't want to give you a hug... but I will take some stickers, without actually going anywhere near you, you freaky thing...

GIANT, INFLATEABLE PLAY STRUCTURES:




PLAYGROUND EQUIPMENT:



WAITING FOR A BALLOON ANIMAL FROM THE VERSATILE BUBBLE BLOWING CLOWN: So, not the biggest, flashiest fair, by far. No roller coasters, tilt-a-whirls, or carnival games... but good enough for my kids. I was really impressed by the "kid-friendly" environment this year. Last year the most exciting thing my kids did, was sit on a tractor.

Some day we'll ruin them forever, but taking them to the PNE, or Canada's Wonderland, or Disneyland... but for now, the Nechako Valley Exhibition still manages to delight... :)

1 comment:

__ Eric Martin said...

The Lego Taj Mahal was pretty damn cool!