Wednesday 26 August 2009

Day 21

So... I've kind of got a pattern going, now... cardio Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday; strength training/yoga Monday, Wednesday, Friday. I have this inner desire to be organized, that occasionally spills out into projects I take on. You wouldn't know it, to look at my house, but I really like routines and daily tasks.

Being Wednesday, I decided to tackle yoga and strength training. So after a fairly successful balance test (down .4 pounds and 29 years old), I started on the yoga. I did all of the exercises, with the exception of the shoulder stand. For that I just put my feet up against the wall... I seem to remember from my great Yoga Class Fiasco of 2003, that an inversion against the wall still counts.

Second, I started the strength training, with the idea to just go through it until I was physically tired. I skipped the push-ups (again), but managed to complete all the other challenges until I got to the last two. The arm/leg (horsey) thingy and the standing arm extension thingy. I hit a roadblock with those two.

Alex had created a wonderful train track downstairs today that snaked under the coffee table and up to the couch. So, my excuse for not tackling those last two exercises, was that I just couldn't find a big enough patch of floor to do them on. The other exercises that require space I managed to do. I kept rotating the balance board to fit in amongst the tracks, but these last two... just not possible. So I quit, two exercises short of an entire workout (we don't count the push-ups).

Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! :)

No comments: