Sunday 30 August 2009

Day 24 (I think... I'm losing count)

Did my Body Test earlier in the day, yesterday. This time, I was 27! Alex was 10... and apparently has a very weak body. The Wii Fit is DEFINATELY not geared towards kids, and should have an even more obvious disclamer than it does. Better yet, it should refuse to measure people if their age is under 18 and they're still growing. Apparently Alex sleeps too much, has an almost unhealthy BMI, and is unbalanced. As his mother, and not a computer program, I can tell you that Alex is a great sleeper, is a perfectly proportioned 5 year old, and is just too active to stand still enough to obtain perfect balance. Will have to make a note to to discourage my kids from taking this Wii Fit thing seriously... potential body image issues ahead!

Having said that... I had company working out again. It went okay... I only hip-checked Alex once, kicked Connor twice, and stepped on Connor and knocked him over once.

We need a bigger house!

Today's workout was a bit of both aerobics and strength training:

  • Advanced Step
  • Advanced Boxing
  • Advanced Step
  • Advanced Boxing
  • Advanced Step

(remember, I can't use the treadmill safely with Connor around so running was out of the question)

  • 20 Leg extensions on each side
  • 6 Torso Twists one each side and diagonally
  • 30 Jacknifes (I'm a "bodybuilder" and apparently have amazing ab strength --- the balance board can't tell how well you're doing the excercise, only that you've lifted your feet off of it)
  • 10 Lunges on each leg

At this point, we had to head upstairs to get ready to go to my work BBQ, so maybe I'll finish the strength training excercises I missed, today.

No comments: