Saturday 8 August 2009

Wii Fit - Day 2

Well, turns out if you start your body test right before midnight and you finish it right after midnight, the stamp goes on the next day. Bummer! Now it looks like I skipped a day.

I would have gotten on the balance board sooner, but I had company until just before midnight. My brother and parents came out and we stayed upquite late playing Ticket to Ride. Lots of fun!

I was very tempted to skip the Wii Fit for the day, but like I said yesterday, public humiliation is a good motivator. Missing day 2 on my quest for 30 days in a row, well that's just sad. So, I decided that I'd give it a whirl anyway, since tomorrow is Saturday. If my children ever miraculously decide to sleep in, technically, so can I.

So, day 2...

First, the bad news... up 1.1 pounds (maybe something to do with my tendency to dine out on Fridays - first an office lunch at the pub, second meeting my family for dinner at the resort halfway between our towns)

Second, the good news... a Wii Fit age of 37... not bad, not bad at all.

I know I said I would do strength training tonight, but it was too late to concentrate on learning anything new (how's that for an excuse?), so I went with what I know... more Aerobics. This time:
  • A short run (on the treadmill) for a warm-up
  • The beginner step game twice and the advanced twice. I'm getting better at it. It helps that I figured out that green footprints mean to hover over the board and not actually step on it. Probably the biggest reason for my low scores yesterday.
  • A long run, but it only took about 8 minutes, so not really that long. I managed to unlock a free step class and a free run, so I'm thinking this is where I'm going to be able to set my own time limits.
  • I finished off my workout by doing the free step for 10 minutes. Turns out that is really boring and the Wii actually recommends you change the channel and watch tv while doing it.
  • Lastly, just to say I could, I tried the first two yoga poses. I aced the first one, deep breathing. Turns out I am really good at breathing! The second one was a little harder and I really did feel the stretch.

As a reward for finishing another workout, I played the two new balance games that I'd unlocked... a funny one where my Mii is a penguin and I had to lean left and right to catch fish, and a really hard one where I floated down the river in a bubble, which I kept popping because apparently my balance is terrible.

So, two days down... 28 to go. So far I am thoroughly enjoying this form of exercise!

No comments: