Friday 21 August 2009

Day 16

I was a comfortable 32 Wii years old, but up .4 pounds. The Friday weigh-in, sigh, it's a bummer. And tomorrow is going to be worse, of course, cause I'm taking the kids to the fair. Not a vegetable in sight there, unless corn dogs count?

A speedy workout again tonight. This time my father-in-law actually walked in on me doing yoga... aah, the humiliation! :(

Actually, it went really well. I did all the yoga poses (with an interuption of about 20 minutes in between poses 2 and 3 because I heard Connor wake up howling from a bad dream). I hit quite a few high scores. I had a very flexible night! I felt really good about the poses, too. I think the warrior is my favourite.

That's all I did, though, so it probably wasn't quite 30 minutes, because the Wii Fit gives you 2 minutes for each pose, regardless of how long you hold it. I was going to do the step class to make sure I did my goal of 30 minutes of exercise, but my f-in-law (hehe, that almost sounds dirty) was coming downstairs again. So I quit. What can I say, I'm not that dedicated.

On a completely different note...

OMIGOD!!!!!

1. The Wiggles are coming to Prince George in October. My kids LOVE the Wiggles. Even Kirstin, who still has the attention span of a gnat, will sit through an entire episode, waving her hands and babbling at the television. And I will admit, myself, having been a stay-at-home Mom for the 3 of the past 5 years, I've a bit of a fondness for them too. When you're surrounded by people under 3 feet tall who chatter at you all day about completely irrelevant (although totally adorable) stuff, you start to crave adult company... and the Wiggles start to look pretty hot (actually, the Johnny and the Sprites guy isn't too hard on the eyes, either).

Tickets for the Wiggles go on sale Monday morning so we are going to go online promptly at 10am (hmm, better check and make sure that's Pacific time) and take the whole family. Who knows if an opportunity like this will come around again. Next time they're in our area of the country, I'm sure the kids will have moved on to other idols with less wholesome music.

And another OMIGOD...

2. ALAN JACKSON is coming to Prince George in November! I can't decide which excites me more, the Wiggles or AJ. His voice just gives me chills. Anytime one of his songs comes on the radio, I crank the volume and sing along, regardless of who's listening. I think the AJ tickets are already on sale as it looked like I could have completed the transaction on Ticketmaster right away, but the $84.50 price tag caused me to take a step back and think about it before impulsively purchasing one. I'll probably log on tomorrow morning and then impulsively buy one.

Anyway, that's enough for tonight. I'm off to read a bit before climbing into my bed, where Connor has decided to make camp for the night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, i'm not sure how i should feel about this. I knew she had a thing for the yellow wiggle, before he got sick, but the kid from Johnny and the sprites?!? Are you kidding me! Alan Jackson i can understand. Even Greg Wiggle. But JOHNNY? Ah well, i will just have to keep reading the blog and stay up on your fantasy life.
Keep up the blogging
Cory