Sunday 9 August 2009

Wii Fit - Day 3

Being Saturday, I thought that I could work out with my Wii fit earlier in the day. Big mistake. You cannot do any aerobics while toddlers are circling your feet. Not only are they tripping hazards, they also throw tantrums when you don't give them a turn. And when you do give them a turn, the machine complains that your weight is significantly lower then last time and questions whether or not you want to proceed.

So... back to my late night schedule... dragging my butt down to the basement after a long day and a long bedtime routine, when I'd rather just curl up under the blankets with a book. So, after we tucked the kids in, Cory helped me out with my workout. He used the controllers from the couch while I went back and forth between my treadmill and the balance board. This made for a much more fluid workout and I was able to keep moving consistently for the entire half hour. I unlocked a boxing game, an advanced hula hoop game and a couple more yoga poses. Today my Wii age was 34 (Yay! I can live with that) and I was down 1.5 pounds from my initial weigh in on Tuesday. You can't put too much faith in a system that tells you your Wii age as your Mii is leaning over groaning and holding her back, hehe, because the balance games are different every day. And the weigh-ins are arbitrary based on clothing, time of day, etc. but still I can see it being an addictively good motivator. I wish the scale didn't groan every time I step on it, though... :)

So, this workout then was more cardio - a short run, hula hooping, the advanced step twice, the advanced hula hoop, boxing, and a run to cool down. Then I tried two yoga poses, followed by some balance games as a reward. I'm still avoiding the strength training... but maybe some day I'll be reading to feel the burn!

Then Cory and I played some Wii sports before retiring for the night. I barely beat him at bowling (169 to 166), but his Sports Age of 26 is WAY better than mine of 49. C'est la vie... sports have never been my strong suit.

No comments: