Monday 24 August 2009

Wii Fit - Day 19

Today's my flex day. I love flex days. We work an extra 45 minutes a day (which I don't really love) and then once every two weeks, we take a day off. LOVE IT! So, today I was able to complete my workout nice and early, rather than waiting for the kids to be tucked in.

Not the best route to go...

Attempt #1 - Scenario: Everyone goes downstairs so that Kirstin can sleep without my noisy crew waking her up. The boys play quietly on the floor, while I work out. I did approximately 22 minutes of yoga and failed almost every pose. My balance was WAY off and I wasn't concentrating on what I was supposed to be doing. I also had to kick toys out of the way. Then Kirstin woke up from her nap so I quit completely. Yoga is NOT something to attempt with the assistance of a 2 year old and a 5 year old, and a screaming 1 year old.

Attempt #2 - Everyone stays upstairs with Cory while I sneak down to the basement for half an hour. I began on the strength training exercises. Fast forward approximately 5 minutes and the boys have joined me. Kirstin is periodically yelling at me through the cat door. Alex and Connor work out beside me, often we bump into each other. It's fun, until I get to the floor exercises. I am attempted to do an "arm and leg" extension...

when I hear Connor say "Yay, you a horsey"... suddenly there's this weight on my back...

Anyway, the good news is that I did the balance test both times and both times my result was the same... down 2.4 pounds from yesterday! Woohoo! And a very youthful, 33 years old! :)

1 comment:

__ Eric Martin said...

Wow. Actually seeing results! That's great... The horsey thing made me laugh...