Sunday 25 October 2009

Dress rehearsal...

I'm almost finished the costumes... this being my last day off before Halloween (I love that Halloween is on a Saturday this year, it's going to be so much fun, and so much less rushed), I thought I'd better try them on to see what else needs to be done. I think we're okay. I'm going to outline Spongebob's features in black, and maybe Plankton's eye, to make them pop out more. I am still working on Spongebob's hat, as the glue isn't holding for me. But if he has to go without a hat, he's fine with that. The masochistic over-achiever in me is tempted to drive to the city today to pick up more craft foam and PLASTIC CANVAS (thanks Teddi!) to see if I can make a Squidward and Mr. Krabs for Cory and I... but I think common sense might prevail and I'll put that off until next year.

So... here's our "dress rehearsal".

My little Plankton! She was NOT IMPRESSED that I had the audacity to try her costume on a week early, but I think that scowl lends authenticity to the evil genius character.


"Get me outta here!"


Okay, technically my Patrick Star didn't really want to be in his costume either... but Spongebob was happy as can be, because I let him be a Spongebob Leopard. He was wearing his costume from when he was 2. He won't believe me that it's getting too short for him...


So, in the spirit of trying on all the costumes in the house... here is what we are NOT going as this year! :)

"The Village People meets Thomas the Train..."

No comments: