Monday 19 October 2009

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?

Yesterday my Dad and I worked on a project together. Something that we haven't done in YEARS! It was a lot of fun and I think we did this idea justice, if I do say so myself.

Here are the initial stages of our Halloween prep. Dad built the body and I drew and cut out the face.


The hat still needs work and I have to glue the spots and belt onto the sides and back, also... we seem to have lost a pupil, so I'll have to repair that. But here's the efforts of a zany Sunday afternoon! :)

The next step, of course, is the sidekick. Every good hero needs a sidekick. Connor, being 2 and not yet indoctrinated into the sexist stereotypes he'll learn once he starts going to school, is perfectly happy to don his sister's pink snowsuit (she doesn't fit it yet), from which I'll fashion the cutest little starfish buddy ever! :) Stayed tuned for the finished Patrick and Spongebob's nemesis, Plankton (who's having her nap right now)... green sleeper, feelers, unibrow...

1 comment:

Teddi Taylor said...

You're funny. Good job on the Sponge Bob. He looks good. I'm looking forward to seeing the other kids' costumes.