Monday 5 October 2009

One month later...

Well, it's been 61 days of Wii Fit now, so I thought I'd post a quick update. First... not updating my 5 readers daily has meant that I am not nearly as motivated to work out as I was in August. There is no accountability... no one to 'fess up to... and no public humiliation. Apparently, I work better that way! (Hmm... maybe I should post "before" photos of my house in an effort to embarrass myself into cleaning it... or post our monthly budget... or the scrapbooking I am NOT doing... so many goals, so little determination)

Having said that, I didn't do too badly. In the past 31 days, I skipped 6 workouts. So, to put a positive spin on that, I worked out 25 of the last 31 days! Yay me!

Two months into Wii Fit, I still think it's a neat tool, however I must admit I'm getting a tad bored of doing the same excercises every night. But, since I know my husband is one of my few blog readers, I'm sure this is a blatant enough hint that I would love a new game for the Wii Fit for Christmas.

I am definitely developing better balance, whether that's all it's cracked up to be, or not. I'm getting better at some of the exercises, and I can run faster and longer than I did at the beginning. I'm still no fitness guru, and a marathon would do me in, but I'm not competing with anyone else, just me!

This month I lost 2.4 pounds altogether, and have seen my BMI decrease by .33

Slow going. At 2 pounds a month, I'll be slim and trim, sometime late in 2011! I guess that's not a bad thing. Apparently the slower you lose it, the easier to keep it off? At this rate, it's never coming back! :)

1 comment:

The Cheeks said...

Keep up the great work!!! You got me motivated again!