Monday 19 October 2009

More Halloween Preparations

Okay... so today I continued to feel ambitious and now I have part of two more costumes made. I'm really pleased with how these have turned out, but the bodies still need some work. I'm going to have to put on my thinking cap to do the finishing touches on these.

Some more photos:

Plankton, his evil eye, unibrow, and oh-so-creepy feelers. These are going to be adorable on my sweet little daughter! :)


My Patrick hat... I am very, very pleased with how this turned out. I sewed felt on to one of those waffle-y type plastic craft thingys (no idea what they're called, obviously, but you know what I mean, you weave wool through them to create various items that people buy at craft fairs to store in their junk closets).Our costumes, thus fair, hopefully safely out of reach on top of the piano... but doubtful!Connor modelling his Patrick ensemble. Here's where I need to work on the body. Either looser, shorter shorts... or something other than a snowsuit. Not sure yet, but it's just not working for me.
And then, of course, modelling Sponge Bob (see, I fixed the eye!) and proving to me that it isn't "too big for me!"

2 comments:

Teddi Taylor said...

It's called plastic canvas.

Good job on the rest of the costumes.

Laura said...

Plastic canvas!!! Yes, thank you! Once upon a time I did know that...