Saturday 25 December 2010

Day 6

On the sixth day of Christmas break, the entire Martin family... had a lovely time celebrating with me!!





This Christmas my entire family spent the night at our house... my brothers, and my brother-in-law had flown in for the week so they all drove out yesterday. Cory's family drove up for supper and we had a lovely Christmas Eve celebration. After the Freemans left and the kids retired, Mom, Eric and I sneaked downstairs to assemble a dollhouse that would make the most avid IKEA fan faint at heart. However, the three of us were a fantastic team (much better than me and the hubby) and it was a lot of fun. We even tried to make it interesting... every time you swear, you have to chug your drink... but we were such a good team that there were few curses flying.

After a 2am bedtime, we gathered in the living room to shortly after 9am this morning. Yup! My kids let me sleep until 9!!! Best present ever! :)

We did stockings, then a light breakfast and then exchanged gifts until 1. Then we spent the afternoon playing board games and Wii, followed by way too much dinner!

Sadly, Eric and Vince are flying back to Ontario in the morning and Nathan's off to Victoria tomorrow too. But we're heading to PG to see Cory's family - and all of his siblings are in town this Christmas too, so we'll be doing it all over again tomorrow. Now that the kids are in bed and a load is running in the dishwasher, I'm torn between cracking open a new book or trying out that new Wii game with the hubby... or organizing my new scrapbook goodies and planning my next layout! :) So many choices, so little time...

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

No comments: