Wednesday 30 July 2008

Celebration Part 2 - "The Tiger Cake"

July 23rd, Cory's birthday. For 12 days every year, I get to be the younger woman. Sometimes it's fun to remind him of that, like when he turned 30 and I was still in my 20's. This year it really doesn't make much difference either way, 32 is a stupid number. Very non-memorable. Cory had a low key birthday, but I think he enjoyed it. The kids got him a subscription to National Geographic and I gave him the first two seasons of House. I took him (and my nursling) to his favourite restaurant for dinner while the boys dined at Cory's parents home. Afterwards we went to pick up the boys and his Mom had made him a fabulous cake and had invited my Mom out as well.
Here's our little family. The boys are in their pj's ready for the trip home already, but when your 3 year old refuses to cooperate for portraits, you take any family photos opportunities you can get! :)
And here's the cake. Isn't my mother-in-law talented? It's was a shame to eat it, but if we must, we must... :)

No comments: