Tuesday 15 July 2008

Move over Martha...

So my one-year old was "channel surfing" (read messing around with the remote control) and we caught a 5 minute segment of Martha Stewart. It intrigued me so I hit record and taped it. She had a guest on who was demonstrating how to make stuffed animals out of gloves. I was very impressed so I decided to give it a whirl.

Unfortunately Cory was reviewing the stuff we had recorded and when he saw 5 minutes of Martha Stewart, he figured it was a mistake so he deleted it. (Despite the fact that I had predicted he would do that so I PROTECTED it... moron!) Anyway, I told him that would be a costly mistake and I happily purchased the book, which is so cute and shows how to make 16 different stuffies out of either a pair of gloves or cast off socks --- you know the kind, the ones the washing machine eats the mates to. Here's the book...

So... I set out on a mission and purchased a dozen pairs of work gloves (really cheap, $9.97 at Wal-Mart) a bag of stuffing, some brightly coloured embroidery thread, and raided my Mom's supply of buttons.

Here's the dog that I decided to create on my first attempt. This is what Martha demonstrated on her show (you can probably still catch the clip on marthastewart.com)

Isn't he adorable?And here is my dog!

I call him Lumpy!

Anyone want 11 sets of work gloves, some barely used embroidery thread and a large bag of stuffing?

No comments: