Wednesday 30 July 2008

Celebrations Part 4 - I have a 4-year old!!!

4 years ago I was lying in the hospital holding my larger than average baby and recovering from a c-section. He was my miracle. It's a cliche, I know, but it seems like only yesterday! Fast forward to today and he's now my oldest son and he's 4!!! I can't believe how fast time has flown. On his birthday, July 28th, we had a small celebration (in the wake of the larger one the day before) with only his grandparents and his Great-Aunty Peggy.

Alex's birthday cake. An ice-cream cake from Dairy Queen... so that Connor can have some too.
His "big boy" bike... pretty cool, huh?

Reading his gift from Aunty Peggy. He loved it, it's one of those hide and seek books. He kept going back to it despite the other gifts still to open. Finally showing some interest in our gift...
And yesterday, we decided to give the bike a whirl for the first time. I put helmets on both boys and grabbed Alex's trike to do the official "hand-me-downing" thinking that Connor would be happy with a second-hand tricycle.
Backfired!!!
Connor's enjoying the two-wheeler...
...and Alex won't go near it! Darn kids!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Look at all these new posts! I'm gonna have to check in more often ;)

Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday to everyone!! That ice cream cake looks delicious!

Love all the pictures of the kids!