Wednesday 30 July 2008

Celebrations Part 3 - "The petting zoo"

My sister-in-law phoned several weeks ago and said that they would be in PG the weekend before Alex's birthday. I said we would have his party on the 27th to accomodate them and she suggested that we do a joint birthday party so that they could celebrate Brandon's 2nd birthday at the same time. We tossed around a few ideas and settled on having the party here:It was awesome! PG's best kept secret! It's a petting zoo. It also has playground equipment, a ball pit, and a neat swing ride. There is a barn with a loft for cake and gifts. It was the easiest and "funnest" (most fun didn't sound right here) birthday party Alex has had. I think the adults got as much out of it as the kids did.

The swing ride... here's Connor humouring us. He didn't crack a smile, and seemed more than happy to get off.Alex, on the other hand, loved it!My brave, almost 4 year old, on the "pony" rides. Umm, are you sure this is a pony??? Alex was very proud of himself. Initially he said "no", but somehow had a change of heart, giving me some great photos of him riding a beautiful, gentle, and probably exceedingly patient horse. Cute huh? This is probably my favourite photo from the entire day. He looks good up there! Our nephew, on something a little more his size...
And then... when my back was turned, Grandma took this photo... Okay, who put my 1 year old on top of a giant, dangerous, probably rabid beast... DAD???The cake! Again, my mother-in-law outdid herself. A giraffe for Alex, and a lion for Brandon! Happy Birthday, boys!




We had a great day, the weather held out, no one got hurt, and I took 200 photos so I'm itching to print them and start whipping off zoo pages! :)

No comments: