Monday 7 April 2014

A love poem

You fill my heart with your sultry kiss,
And warm me to my very core,
I gaze at you and feel naught but bliss,
I've missed you so; I've missed you more,
 
Absence makes the heart grow fonder,
And mine has ached so long for you,
Each time you leave and cruelly wander,
You leave me to doubt our love is true.
 
Now you wrap me in your warm embrace,
After our chilling time apart,
You plant sweet kisses on my face.
And I forgive you with all my heart.
 
And we go back to the way we were,
A year ago before you went away,
And I fall for you with all that's sure,
You temptress, you are a warm spring day!
 
-Laura Freeman-
April 7, 2014
 
 
"Today’s prompt is to write a love poem . . . but the object of the poem should be inanimate. You can write a love poem to your favorite pen, the teddy bear you had as a child (and maybe still have), or anything else, so long as it’s not alive! Happy writing."

1 comment: