Thursday 11 April 2013

#11 - Midnight Exchange

Today's NaPoWrimo prompt was to write a Tanka.  I've never tried writing this type of poem, but it seemed to work out well for me.  I'm quite pleased with this little ditty.

"This, like the “American” cinquain, is a poem based on syllables, with the pattern
 being 5-7-5-7-7. They work best when those final two 7-syllable lines contain a sort
of turn or surprise that the first three lines might not wholly anticipate. You can
string a bunch of them together to make a multi-stanza poem, or just write one!"

Midnight Exchange

In the dark of night,
She slips in to my bedroom,
Promising pleasure,
She is satisfied and she
Leaves money, the Tooth Fairy.

- Laura Freeman -
April 11, 2013

1 comment:

Bev said...

cute (and I never heard of this tantun either) hope I spelled that right