Sunday 28 April 2013

#28 - Happy Birthday!

Okay, I'm running out of ideas and I have a cold, so forgive this sap.  The technique I employed to today is called "enjambment."

"The word Enjambment comes from the French word for "to straddle". Enjambment
is the continuation of a sentence from one line or couplet into the next. "


It's the twenty-eighth of April and I know

that on this day, thirty-seven years ago,

a couple had cause to celebrate

the birth of someone great.

First the babe became a daughter then

she next became a sister when,

Tegan was born. Through the years, a Guide,

a scholar, a friend, and a bride.

She's a mother of two. And the list

goes on; Shes's an environmentalist,

a writer, a teacher, a gamer, a leader,

even a backyard chicken breeder.

I hope that on this birthday, my old friend

knows what she means to all she's met. In the end,

what matters most is that one always gains,

by having known the likes of April Raines.



  • Laura Freeman -
    April 28th, 2013


2 comments:

April said...

*sniff* aww, thanks.

Laura said...

Aah, you're welcome! Now what on earth do I write the last two about? The prompts better be good cause I've run out of inspiration. Maybe I'll write about boogers... three of us are sick and I'm the only one that knows how to blow my nose! :)